Formal hairstyles can be needed on various occasions like – wedding, marriage, party etc. Adopting a formal hairstyle and that too an easy one requires infinite patience and infinite fortitude. Anyone can achieve the look of the perfect formal hairstyle for any occasion, no matter their hair texture or length. Chose formal hairstyles fit for you occasions, some formal hairstyles may not be as adequate for certain occasions.
How to Create Formal Hairstyles
Short or long, curly or straight, any hairstyle can become a formal hairstyle. Here’s what you need for a perfect formal hairstyle:
A few curls or waves: If you have bone-straight hair, at least bend the ends to flatter your face, or include some loose curls or waves to give hair an elegant, formal look.
Formal Updo HairstyleHair jewelry and accessories: Even very short hairstyles can become the perfect formal hairstyle with the right jewelry and accessories. Two sparkling pins or barrettes can be used to pull the front and sides of hair back away from the face, or just used to accent a short hairstyle.
The jewelry or accessories you use in your hair should always match whatever jewelry and accessories you will already be wearing with your formal outfit. This will give you an overall, polished look and will offset your formal hairstyle to perfection.
Not in the face: Every good formal hairstyle features a very clean look where hair is pulled completely away from the face. Especially in Hollywood hairdos, stars are sure not to hide those gorgeous faces – so don’t hide your gorgeous face, either.
A good formal hairstyle will be pulled softly away from the face, not pulled back severely. Only in upswept formal hairstyles are tendrils left to dangle, and even this is not often seen. Pull hair completely, but softly, back from your forehead and temples to create the perfect formal hairstyle.
Formal hairstyle: Dos and Don’ts
The hairstyle your wear will be uniquely your own, so don’t be afraid to experiment and find out what you think looks best. The perfect formal hairstyle is the one that makes you feel great, and feel confident. To help create your new formal look, keep these formal hairstyle dos and don’ts in mind:
- DO emulate celebrity looks and styles that you like;
- DON’T expect to look exactly like Sarah Jessica Parker or Nicole Kidman;
- DO use long, loose curls and waves;
- DON’T use tight, spiral curls unless you’re going with an upswept formal hairstyle;
- DO wear your hair straight if you want, but curl the ends;
- DON’T overdo your formal hairstyle with a lot of curls and accessories. Less is more;
- DO use matching barrettes and clips to pull hair back from the face;
- DON’T experiment with too many different-colored locks of hair when going formal;
- DO let your hair hang long and loose.